Representative Terri Sewell has frequently voted against progressive priorities in an extremely safe Democratic district. President Barack Obama won AL-07 with 72.4% of the vote in 2012.
A Few Reasons to Primary:
- In 2013, Rep. Sewell voted for a bank-written bill that would dismantle key derivatives regulations in the Dodd-Frank financial reform law
- In 2013, Rep Sewell voted for the polluter-written Protecting States’ Rights to Promote American Energy Security Act, which would have exempted natural gas fracking from federal regulation
- In 2013, Rep Sewell voted to amend the Investment Advisers Act of 1940 to provide a registration exemption for private equity fund advisers
- In 2013, Rep. Sewell voted against environmental priorities like blocking the Keystone XL Pipeline
- In 2013, Rep. Sewell voted for the CISPA bill that would have seriously undermined digital privacy protections online
- Rep. Sewell broke with Democrats on a key Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell vote
- In 2011, she voted with House Republican climate change deniers to block a carbon tax or similar pollution pricing policy.
Know anybody who could represent this district better for progressives? Draft them here!