Representative Dan Lipinski has frequently voted against progressive priorities in a mildly competitive Democratic district. President Barack Obama won IL-03 with 55.9% of the vote in 2012.
A Few Reasons to Primary:
- In 2013, Rep. Lipinski voted for a bank-written bill that would dismantle key derivatives regulations in the Dodd-Frank financial reform law
- In 2013, Rep. Lipinski voted to prohibit people receiving federal insurance subsidies to buy health plans that offer abortion coverage on the federal health exchange
- In 2013, Rep. Lipinski voted to weaken regulation of swaps in the Dodd-Frank financial reform bill
- In 2013, Rep. Lipinski voted to impose new abortion restrictions on women in the District of Columbia.
- In 2013, Rep. Lipinski voted for the CISPA bill that would have seriously undermined digital privacy protections online
- Rep. Lipinski broke ranks with Democrats on Republican message votes partially restoring funding for various popular programs during the government shutdown. Their purpose was to strengthen Republicans politically in the shutdown fight.
- Rep. Lipinski voted to delay the individual mandate, which would weaken Obamacare’s insurance exchange markets.
Know someone who could do a better job representing progressives in the 3rd District? Help us draft them here.