Representative Bill Foster has frequently voted against progressive priorities in a safe Democratic district. President Barack Obama won IL-11 with 57.8% of the vote in 2012. Republicans don’t hold any Democratic districts safer than a D+7, so there is little risk of Bill Foster losing his seat for voting more progressive.
A Few Reasons to Primary:
- In 2013, Rep. Foster voted for CISPA – bill gutting digital privacy protections online
- In 2013, Rep. Foster voted for a delay of the individual mandate to purchase health insurance
- In 2013, Rep. Foster voted for Republican gimmick bills partially restoring funding to popular programs during the government shutdown. These bills were designed to take pressure off the Republican shutdown, and provide material for Republican campaign ads against Democrats.
- In 2013, Rep. Foster voted with House Republicans on Fred Upton’s “Keep Your Plan” act that would have badly damaged Obamacare’s health insurance exchange markets
- In 2013, Rep Foster voted for a bank-written bill dismantling derivatives regulations in the Dodd-Frank financial reform bill