Representative Dan Maffei has frequently voted against progressive priorities in a mildly competitive Democratic district. President Barack Obama won NY-24 with 57% of the vote in 2012.
A Few Reasons to Primary:
- In 2013, Rep. Maffei was one of nine Democrats to vote for the House GOP’s government shutdown
- In 2013, Rep. Maffei voted with House Republicans against the Senate Democrats’ budget
- In 2013, Rep. Maffei voted against scrapping the House Republican budget proposal and replacing it with a budget by the Congressional Black Caucus
- In 2013, Rep. Maffei voted with House Republicans on Fred Upton’s “Keep Your Plan” act that would have badly damaged Obamacare’s health insurance exchange markets
- In 2013, Rep Maffei voted for a bank-written bill dismantling derivatives regulations in the Dodd-Frank financial reform bill