Representative Henry Cuellar has consistently voted against progressives in a liberal seat. President Barack Obama won TX-28 with 60% of the vote in 2012, and it’s time to have a real progressive representing the people of Texas’s 28th congressional district.
A Few Reasons to Primary:
- In 2000, Rep. Cuellar endorsed the one-and-only: George W. Bush.
- In 2006, Rep. Cuellar was the first Democrat to ever be endorsed by the ultra-conservative Club for Growth.
- In 2009, Rep. Cuellar voted for the Stupak Amendment to in an attempt to limit women’s reproductive choices.
- In 2010, Rep. Cuellar voted against the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act.
- In 2010, Rep. Cuellar voted against setting a withdrawal timeline for the war in Afghanistan.
- In 2013, Rep. Cuellar voted to prevent the Department of Justice to actively oppose the Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA).
Know a progressive in this district who can better represent the people of TX-28? Draft them here.